Did you know that cucumbers have been cultivated for the past 3,000 years? Originating in India, they found their way to Europe and America and are now cultivated all over the world in different types: short or long, smooth or spiny, and ranging from dark to light green in color. In the last few years, economic sustainability has come to occupy center stage in the world of cucumber cultivation.
One of the most important developments in this area is a state-of-the-art growing system known as high wire cultivation.
The only way is up
With the special white paper series 'The only way is up' Nunhems wants to share its long-term experience and expert knowledge about significant high wire related topics. Experienced high wire growers and newcomers, but also consultants, traders and retailers will find valuable background knowledge, market information as well as tips and tricks.
White paper 1
How to start up and optimize your high wire cultivation
A special guide for cucumber entrepreneurs
- What means high wire for cucumbers?
- What are the benefits and disadvantages?
- How can growers optimize their growing processes?
These questions are answered by Tom Koot, expert for high wire cultivation at seed specialist Bayer. »download pdf
White paper 2
From Consumer Trends to Market Opportunities
How Short Cucumbers are Conquering the World
In this second whitepaper, we look into:
- the recent trends in consumer markets
- the key drivers behind the growth of short cucumber consumption in Europe and North America
- how these trends and market drivers can be translated into business opportunities for cucumbers, especially the short types.
It also provides a brief explanation of the agronomical and technical aspects of the production of short cucumbers in a high wire system. »download pdf